We’re back from our trip to Orlando and there is NO food in this house…except for the ingredients I’d bought before we left to make my world-famous taboule.
So, this is what’s for dinner tonight.
Because I’m gluten-intolerant I substitute quinoa for the Near East Taboule Wheat Mix Salad in the recipe below. Todd loves this dish; I do too. It’s perfect as a side dish – or as your main meal if you’re not in the mood for anything heavy.
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 T dried mint
- 2 large organic cucumbers sliced thick and quartered
- 8-10 organic roma, plum, or tomatoes on the vine sliced thick and quartered
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jar Vigo marinated mushrooms (do not drain)
- the juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1/2 cup organic italian dressing
- 6 oz. feta (Boars Head crumbled feta is preferable)
- salt + cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare the quinoa according to directions then transfer it to a LARGE plastic food-saver container (the size of a large salad bowl). Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Add the next seven ingredients, and gently yet thoroughly combine.
- Add feta, salt, and pepper, and gently stir again, and then refrigerate for 4-12+ hours before serving.