Todd and I were in a mood for a snack this evening rather than dinner, and I had just stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest (imagine that…) We had everything we needed so I decided to just go ahead and make them.
Aside from substituting Pamela’s (gluten-free) Baking Mix for the Bisquick, I followed the recipe almost to the letter. (I did sprinkle in some dried, minced onion…I also subbed 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan for 1/2 cup of the mozzarella.)
They turned out really well, and we ate them all!
When I make them again I’ll make a few minor changes. I thought the oregano and garlic salt were a bit overwhelming, so I’ll pull back on those next time.
Here is the recipe I’ll follow the next time I make them:
- 1 10 oz. box Cascadian Farms organic chopped spinach (thawed, and squeezed to thoroughly drain)
- 1/2 C Pamela’s Baking Mix or 3/4 C gluten-free Bisquick
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 T dried, minced onion
- 1 1/2 T italian seasoning
- 1/2 T garlic salt or 1 T garlic powder
- 1 1/2 C shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 C shredded parmesan
Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix all ingredients, except pasta sauce. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; place on cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve with pasta or marinara sauce.